This tour will take you to three unique Carlisle "breweries": one specializing in cider, one in beer and one in whiskey. Whether brewed, distilled, or fermented the tavern offerings of today align with the tavern offerings of Carlisle's past and you'll hear about it on this tour.
What Makes the Tour Special?
Sure you could check out all these places without a charming tour guide, but why would you? This tour has been carefully crafted to bring you an afternoon of entertainment. Enjoy exclusive offerings from our three establishments, extend your time in town with a special rate at the local hotel, and hear stories ranging from college-expelled presidents to political bribing to death by wooden barrel. Don't forget about kidnapped actors, resurrected canaries, and the candle-gifting spy. Come on this tour, swallow a tavern token, and hear all about Carlisle's fascinating tavern history.
This is a 3 hour tour
Dates Coming Soon
- A guided walk to 3 downtown establishments
- Storytelling at each location.
- ACCESS to the exclusive offers from 3 of our partners
(check your date to see which locations are participating):
- Grand Illusion Wine and Cider Bar
-1794 Whiskey Rebellion
- Burd's Nest Brewing Co.
- Hook and Irons Distillery
- Market Cross Pub and Brewery
- Ability to use the negotiated hotel rate at Comfort Suites in downtown Carlisle
Food and Beverage
The cost of food and beverage is NOT included in the price of this tour.